Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Wreath

For a few weeks now, especially with the holidays coming up, I’ve wanted to try my hand at some paper flowers. I like how they will last longer than real flowers, and you can make them to fit any color scheme. I spent some time trying different types, and with help from a few different blogs. After some trial-and-error, I figured out the easiest way to make them. Each flower is made up of three coffee filters. With the wreath, the flowers came out much lighter than I wanted. I wanted them to be deeper in color, but since they were colored with food coloring, they came out much lighter. So, it doesn’t look quite like a fall wreath, but I’m happy with how it came out! Here are two pictures. The first is one of the entire wreath, while the other is an up-close view of the flowers. I can't wait to make some more for Christmas and winter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment