Wednesday, September 12, 2012

An Oldie But Goodie


 Hi there! Today's project is one that I worked on at the end of last year for the holidays, but I don't think I shared here. (This is a very picture-heavy post.)




Over the past few years, since I found the art of quilting, I've made mom a new quilt for Christmas. So far, this one is my favorite. I used the Cricut to cut all of the fabric pieces to make appliques of all of us. The hardest parts were the eyes, since they ended up kind of small. Other than that, it was surprisingly easy, but definitely packed a punch with the "wow" factor.
Here are close-ups of the blocks.
Dad and Mom as Santa and Mrs. Claus
And us kids as Santa's helpers
Erik
Adam

Dawn

Robyn



































And can't forget the kitty as a reindeer!

I think it's time to start planning this year's projects. It's not too early for Christmas, is it??

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment