Thursday, August 22, 2013

Halloween Gatefold Invitation

Hey there! I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far, enjoying the waning days of summer before school starts again. Today I have a very simple card to share with you!
It is a gatefold card, set up as a party invitation! Who wouldn't want to be invited to a party where the animals are dressed up?! (Reminds me of one of our aunts, but not in the best way... story for another day) I welded the three shapes together in craftroom (rectangle and two matching frames) and cut it in black. The top layer was just the frames cut again. The flap wasn't staying down all the way, so the "It's a Party!" is there for gravity to pull it back closed.
I stamped and embossed the "bewitching hour" and tried to color in the moon and stars. Neon yellow doesn't do a great job covering brown. Who knew? At least the moon looks good enough. Also, I have realized that no matter what the project, I should always have someone else do the handwriting. Mine always looks so sloppy. You'd think as someone who teaches kids how to form letters I would be better, or at least neater! Sometimes I try to make it look fancy and it ends up looking kind of foolish. I should probably stick to Photoshop or Word. Oh well...

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment