Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

Good morning! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, treating the dads in your life like kings for the day! Unfortunately, we can't be with our dad this year (not like a few years ago when we secretly drove across the country and surprised the parents when we were sitting in the driveway when they got home). So, instead of giving him a big hug, I sent him this card:
 
I am fully aware this is not your "typical" Father's Day card, but when I saw the sentiment (on the sign), I automatically thought of my Dad and started laughing hysterically! Good thing no one was around at the time. From there, it kind of all came together pretty quickly and was probably the most "efficient" card I've made in a while.
The card is a step card, with the mountain scene in the back, the skunk and outhouse in the middle, and the sign and sentiment on the last step. I used pop-dots on some of the cuts, to add more dimension to the card. I tried the googly eyes, but it just didn't work this time (left more for the Minion projects from this week) I also used my new toy to make a matching envelope.
Hopefully it gets to him in time!! 
Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment