Friday, June 19, 2015

Hello, Sunshine!

Good afternoon! Or, evening, for most of our readers. I hope everyone had a great work week and here's to a great weekend, celebrating all the dads in your life! I know it's a little (lot) later than normal, but after baby, and "big-kid" sitting this morning, I found that it took me this long to get some energy to do something productive today. As I am sitting here, watching last week's episode of Game of Thrones again, my first thought was, "Oh, darn, I was doing so well posting every day. Two days in a row!" My second thought was to a snarky text message from my Dad the other day about this episode and how everyone dies and this one was a spin-off of the Discovery Channel series "Naked and Afraid". Oh, Dad. Who woulda thought we'd all be interested in this show?! Even after watching it the second time, I still have my complaints. Like darn Ollie. I have never felt so much anger and hatred towards a character. Ugh. You killed Ygritte and Jon?! How dare you! At least they can stay in that cave together now. Although Jon will probably somehow find a way to come back. Oh, my gosh. Never would have thought I'd come to this. I blame Caleb... I probably should have prefaced that with *Spoiler*. Sorry.
Anyway, on a brighter side of the 7 deaths (and counting) we've gotten to so far, today's project is one I made for my Boy a while back. Before our lives were full of this dark material. (We're not really like that, I promise!) So, we don't usually use nicknames for each other, but I will text him during the day and call him Sunshine (well, because he makes me smile. Sickeningly sweet from an outsider's point of view, I know...)
I added some pop-dots and embossing on the pieces. For a quick card, I'm pretty happy with how this one came out! The inside of the card has matching rainbow paper:
He wasn't expecting it and it definitely put a smile on his face! That's my goal with all of my projects- to put a smile on faces!
Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment