Friday, June 1, 2012

Everyone Deserves Birthday Wishes...

...Even the Grouchiest of us all!! Who knew that today as Oscar the Grouch's birthday?! I found out yesterday and thought I would share! After wondering what a guy who lives in a garbage can would want for his birthday, I decided on cookies (don't tell Cookie Monster...) I had been looking on-line to find some recipes that would capture the "essence" of the Grouch. If you Google "garbage cookies", there are actually quite a few recipes. I know it sounds nasty, but they're very similar to "monster cookies". They are pretty much oatmeal cookies with extra mix-ins. You can make them with pretty much anything you have on hand. Here is my take on these. I don't know what to call them, since I'm not a huge fan of the "garbage cookie" name...
See how happy he is someone remembered his birthday?? And then he got all grouchy because he's older... These are an oatmeal-based cookie, with some peanut butter, chocolate chips, and some cereal. They are actually much better than they look, but since I thought I would be clever and add some mini marshmallows, it was a mess. They are actually really good...but then again, you can't really go wrong with oatmeal, chocolate and peanut butter. (Unless it's all mixed in together for breakfast and it's really dry..) I wonder if he'll share with his pal Slimey.

No comments:

Post a Comment