Friday, August 3, 2012

Kid-Friendly Friday!

Happy Friday, everyone! It's time for another Christmas movie inspired project for Christmas in July. I know there are a TON of kids' Christmas projects, but this is one of the cutest ones I've seen. Today's movie is Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I love this original cartoon version of this movie. We will be making Grinch ornaments. I think every house has a little (or big) Grinch come holiday time... which is fine, and means every house should have one of these! And we're doing some recycling while we're at it.

Materials:
Burnt out light bulb
Green paint
Red paint
White paint
Paint brush
Markers
String
Scissors

(I used Elmer's Painters Markers for mine, but any acrylic paint will work. Also, Deco-Art has really cool snow-texture paint, which would be great for the trim of his hat. That was left behind in the move, sadly...)


Step One:
Paint your lightbulb green. Let dry.

Step Two:
Paint the connecting part red. This will be the Grinch's hat. Let dry.

Step Three:
Add the brim of the hat with white paint, Also paint the very top of the bulb white.

Step Four:
Here comes the hardest part, drawing in his face. I am not an artist, but I tried my best to copy this picture onto the bulb. I think it came out pretty good. Make sure you hold the bulb upside down, otherwise his hat will become his shirt! Use your paint to add details, like his eyes.


Step Five:
Since we don't have a Christmas tree to hang him up yet, I didn't add a hanger But you can just tie string around the hat brim to hang your Grinch up!

Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow for a Christmas movie-inspired Cupcake Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment