Friday, May 25, 2012

Kid-Friendly Friday: Wonderland-Style

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all had a great week and will be able to enjoy the weekend. Here's a quick craft to keep those little hands busy while mom enjoys some "me" time.

Materials:
Paper plate
Pencil
Markers, crayons, or colored pencils (black, pink, purple)
Scissors
Tape
Small dowel or popsicle stick

What To Do:
Step One:
Using your pencil, draw an outline of the Cheshire Cat's smile and nose. I chose to use a paper plate for this project because it is much easier to follow the rounded lines of the plate. (I'm no free-hand artist. I use any help I can get, even if it is from a paper plate!) I outlined mine with black marker so it would be easier to see. Feel free to do the same.


 Step Two:
Color him in! I used pink marker for the area around his mouth, and purple for his nose. Make sure to add those teeth in! He definitely needs a big toothy grin.


Step Three:
Time to cut him out. Cut along the outside lines, making sure not to cut his nose off!


Step Four:
On the back, attach the popsicle stick or dowel. I find tape is easier, quicker, and neater, but I'm sure you could use glue.


Step Five:
Enjoy your new smile! You can make him appear and disappear anywhere!


I couldn't help but smile behind it, even though I know you can't see it!

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to stop by tomorrow for some Alice-themed cupcakes! Can't wait to share them with you!


Today's Party Trivia
- Jesse Owens broke three track and field world records as a college student at Ohio State.
- Oprah's last showed aired last year. 9Such a sad day...)
- Happy National Tap Dance Day! (Get those jazz hands out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment